THAI Launches a range of e-Services to “Click to Fly as Smooth as Silk”
Dubai, March 2011: Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) has launched a variety of electronic and mobile services that are as easy as a click away, making flight preparation simpler and more convenient for customers.
Mr. Piyasvasti Amranand, THAI President, said that the Company has introduced new eServices that make it more convenient for customers to access information about THAI, which accommodates people’s modern day lifestyle now and in the future. The eServices are as follows:
• Web on Mobile: Makes services accessible via browsers on mobile phone such as Apple/iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and others via http://m.thaiairways.com. Customers are able to view THAI flight information and schedules, view and make bookings, check-in, get information on Royal Orchid Holidays and Royal Orchid Plus, as well as check cargo flight schedules and track cargo shipments.
• THAI m Service: A smart phone application available free from the App Store for use on an iPhone or iPad, may be used in the same way as http://m.thaiairways.com, and can also be used on BlackBerry mobiles. Additional programmes include one new to the airline industry that detects the current location of the mobile phone and finds the nearest THAI office within a 50 kilometre radius, complete with directions on how to get there. THAI is developing THAI m Service for use on other mobile phones.
• SMS Query: Send a blank SMS to 451-4455 and a reply SMS will be send to your mobile, making it possible to check flight information and schedules, airfare promotions, mileage accrual and cargo information, and check-in services. The Company is working with AIS to develop TG Sim services that will be accessible on mobile phone menus.
• Call Genie 02-400-4000: Is a Thai speech recognition information service through mobile phones (with local mobile service providers in Thailand) whereby information will be sent by SMS whenever customers dial 02-400-4000. Customers can obtain flight information and schedules as well cargo shipments.
• Little Captain: Is a mobile game free from the App Store for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. The player takes the role of captain of the flight, conducting flight landing to various destinations that THAI serves. Little Captain also has a flight monitor application which displays the status of the flight chosen by the player, including access to THAI promotional information through the “Promotion” icon and connection to http://m.thaiairways.com. Presently this game has been downloaded 150,000 times and was amongst the top downloads in Thailand.
THAI is also in the process of introducing the following additional eServices that make access to THAI information as easy as a click away for customers:
• Route Recommendation Service on Longdo Map: Longdo Map is a website that may be used for directions within Thailand
• Widgets/Gadgets Service: To find information about THAI flights and services, specifically used by website developers, blog developers/bloggers, social network builders so that THAI information may be shared with members and prepare for future transition to Internet TV technology.
THAI has also recently made adjustments to www.thaiairways.com offering internet check-in, home print boarding passes, and for First Class passengers special meal requests are possible through the website. THAI has joined with the Airports of Thailand and SITA in launching the Mobile 2D Barcode Boarding Passes in the near future. Other services that will be introduced include “Touch Your Ways” and “IP Phone” that are new forms of eServices.
THAI, together with the Software Industry Promotion Agency (SIPA), Association of Thai ICT (ATCI), mobile service providers in Thailand (AIS, DTAC, TRUE), and Thai software developers were innovative in the development of modern information systems as part of the “IT Sparkling for THAI’s 50th Anniversary: 1960-2010” Project.
In addition, THAI participated in competitions such as Thailand ICT Award 2010 and SIPA Game Contest & Award 2010.
For further information and travel enquiries, contact THAI Airways International Dubai +971 4 268 1701 or email@example.com or your local travel agent on
Abu Dhabi + 971 2 621 2900
Al Ain +971 3 7655 580
Sharjah +971 6 569 2400
Ajman +971 6 742 2300
Ras Al Khaimah +971 7 228 9772
About THAI from Dubai
THAI operates daily flights from Dubai to Bangkok with convenient onward connections to domestic and international flights from its home base in Bangkok, Suvarnabhumi Airport.
About Thai Airways International
Thai Airways International Public Company Limited is the national carrier of the Kingdom of Thailand. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of its foundation as the national airline of Thailand in May 2010, THAI operates domestic, regional and intercontinental flights around the world from its home base of Suvarnabhumi International Airport Bangkok.
The company is 51.03% owned by the Thai Government through the Ministry of Finance. THAI is a founding member of Star Alliance and serves 73 destinations in 34 countries spanning four continents, including Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, Australasia, and the United States. With over 27,000 employees, THAI has a total of 86 aircraft in its fleet, comprised of 44 Boeing, 41 Airbus, and 1 ATR aircraft.
Follow @ThaiAirME on Twitter for all the latest updates and news
About the Author
CTT Consulting FZ LLC
PO Box 117067, Dubai
As for maps of Bangkok, try these:
- OrangeSmile.com: Maps of Bangkok, Thailand
- OrangeSmile.com: High-resolution Maps of Bangkok, Thailand
- iTunes.Apple.com: Bangkok Travel Map
- iTunes.Apple.com: Bangkok Map and Walking Tours
- Softpedia.com: Bangkok Travel Guide by Triposo for iPhone/iPad 2.2.0
- LonelyPlanet.com: Introducing Bangkok
- Wikitravel.org: Bangkok
- MyThailand.org: Bangkok Travel Guide
- Frommers.com: Maps of Bangkok
- BangkokAdvisor.com: Bangkok Maps
If you are willing to buy a map, Omnimap.com has some in its Thailand Travel and City Maps section.
A few further map references:
Download Bangkok Transport Map – Free for Android (1000 – 5000 downloads) – ★★★★★ Bangkok Rail System Map available for free download (internet connection required). This app makes it…
Publish Date: 03/27/2012 11:44
Category: Travel Price: Free. Description: This is a fast PDF viewer designed to view large travel map files for Bangkok. Most PDF software on iPhone cannot handle large files well, they are slow in loading the files …
Publish Date: 10/29/2012 20:10
Bangkok Offline Map Travel Guide / iOS 〓 (Ver: 4.1, By: Swan Informatics, Downloads: 0) Learn more about Bangkok Offline Map Travel Guide for iOS.
Publish Date: 08/09/2012 12:23
Download and print the maps below, they can also be used to help you during your stay in Bangkok. Map 1 – A Map of Bangkok’s public Transport System to Zenred … Continue to RAMA 3 Road (Follow signs for Bhumibol Bridge 1 and 2). 2.
Publish Date: 07/19/2012 22:37
Bangkok Offline Travel Guide / iOS 〓 (Ver: 4.0, By: Praveen Dandi, Downloads: 0) Learn more about Bangkok Offline Travel Guide for iOS. … Bangkok Offline Travel Guide. View screenshot Bangkok Offline Travel Guide 4.0 … OFFLINE MAP & LOCATION-BASED NAVIGATION – Have the guide locate you on the map and show you the best route to each destination by subway or foot. Discover what’s on and places to visit in Bangkok with our new cool app. Your guide …
Publish Date: 01/04/2013 0:00
Download Bangkok Offline Travel Guide for Android (1 – 5 downloads) – Going to travel around Bangkok City? Wait! Our App will provides you the information where to go n what you can see….
Publish Date: 11/20/2012 17:18
Carol Burnett Show- No Frills Airline
Tabstarkin Uploaded on 16 Dec 2007
Tim is put through the ringer by Carol because he’s in the No-Frills section of the airplane while Harvey gets special treatment one seat ahead in First Class.
Frame Bag Holder Sports Bike Frame Front Tube Waterproof Mobile Phone wallet Multifunction
Description: The bicycle bag is multi-functional and waterproof,convenient for you to do some outdoor exercise It is portable, wearable, and firmly stuck It is of high quality and value for money Applicable for mountain bike,city bike,and road bike etc. Included: 1 X Mobile Phone Bag…